|Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream|
Is there truly such a thing as healthy ice cream?
Of course there is. And this is it my friends.
It’s a Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream that redefines healthy indulgences. It’s not only gluten free, it’s dairy free, egg free and free of added sugars too. But beyond all that it’s downright delicious.
This smooth creamy frozen dessert leaves the realm of ordinary deliciousness and crosses into the rare territory of blow-your-mind deliciousness. Until you make it you'll never believe just how good it is. The very ripe bananas add plenty of sweetness without added sugar. And the “Smooth Operator” peanut butter from Peanut Butter and Co adds a bit of saltiness and a creamy mouth-feel to give it a luxuriousness that will amaze. But don’t forget the dark cocoa. It adds a rich chocolate flavor while only tacking on ten calories to this super slim dessert.
This banana ice cream is almost a necessity for those of us trying to look good in beachwear while still having our little indulgences on the side this summer. You’re gonna love it.
Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream
Banana Freeze Time: 2 hours
Prep Time: 5 min
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter ( I used Smooth Operator from Peanut Butter & Co)
- chopped peanuts and dark chocolate (to garnish)
- Slice the bananas into 1 inch pieces and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Add the frozen bananas to the bowl of your food processor with the cocoa and peanut butter then process until it is smooth and creamy. You’ll need to stop the processor a few times to scrape down the bowl.
- Eat immediately as a soft serve or freeze for an additional hour for a harder ice cream then garnish with chopped peanuts and chocolate if desired and serve.