|Cheesy Black Pepper Kale Chips|
Do you need a healthy alternative to the calorie laden chips that tempt your taste buds in the snack isle of your super market? Kale chips are the answer. They’re highly nutritious, crispy, little chips that even the kids will love. The only drawback is how pricey they are. At my local Shoprite a 2.5 oz container is $7.99 which is way out of range for my snacking budget right now. And at the health food stores, the prices can soar even higher. But when you make them yourself, they’re not only considerably cheaper; they also taste better because they’re fresh. Plus you can tailor the seasonings to suit your own tastes. And of course they’re easy to make too.
Cheesy Black Pepper Kale Chips
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 14 min
- 1 lb kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C)
- Wash and dry the kale then remove the stems and tear into bite sized pieces.
- Add the kale to a large bowl and drizzle on the olive oil.
- Add the nutritional yeast, black pepper and salt and thoroughly massage the oil and spices into the kae leaves until they are all coated and shiny.
- Divide the kale evenly onto two baking sheets lined with parchment and bake them with one pan on the top middle rack and one on the bottom middle rack for 8 minutes then rotate the pans and bake them for another 6 and then they should be done.