|Gluten Free Pumpkin Sugar Cookies|
These Soft Gluten Free Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are the perfect addition to any of the fall or winter holidays. I can picture them perfectly at a Thanksgiving dessert table or with the Christmas cookies. But today I've got them all dressed up for Halloween. The kids will love any effort you make to bring some spooky holiday spirit to these little treats.
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Prep time: 15 min
Bake time: 20 min
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup butter, very well softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 cups gluten free Bisquick or (self-rising flour)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C)
- Beat together the pumpkin puree, butter, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and eggs until you have a homogenous mixture.
- Add the gluten free Bisquick or self-rising flour and mix until the wet and dry ingredients come together to form a stiff cookie dough.
- Divide the dough in half and shape it into 2 equally sized logs tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and chill for about an hour.
- This recipe makes 2 dozen fairly large cookies. To get a dozen cookies from each log, use the edge of your knife to mark the log by dividing it half then in half again then divide each quarter into thirds and you know you’ll have a dozen equally sized cookies when you’re done.
- Place the cookies onto a nonstick baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray and bake them for 20 minutes.
- Allow them to cool on the baking sheet before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, glaze with a simple glaze made by combining 1 ½ cups of confectioners sugar, a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and a few tablespoons of water that you’ve stirred until smooth. See the video tutorial for more decorating ideas.