|Chicken and Broccoli Pasta|
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet Casserole is not only gluten free, it’s also one of the world’s easiest dishes to get on the table in a hurry. With recipes like this in your repertoire there’s no need to hit the drive thru on your way home. Not the fast food joints even offer many gluten free options.
With the kids back in school we’re busier than ever. It seems that kids today have many more after school activities and clubs than we ever had growing up. A few effortless meals like this will go a long way in making life easier this school year. And this is also a great meal to stretch out the protein source when your kids happen to invite a few extra friends home for dinner. Oh and because the broccoli in this dish is smothered in sauce, the kids will be much more likely to eat it. I call that a win for everyone.
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 12 min
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized strips
- 2 tsp of Mrs Dash seasoning blend
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 8 oz of a gluten free short pasta
- 1 can of Progresso potato broccoli and cheese chowder
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Stir the chicken together with the Mrs Dash seasoning blend and set it aside.
- Place a large pot of salted water on to boil. When it comes to a boil add the pasta and give it a quick stir.
- In a large skillet over a medium high heat add the marinated chicken with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste then sauté for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently until the chicken is no longer pink and it just starts to develop a golden brown color.
- Add the can of soup and the milk then lower the heat and stir letting the chicken and sauce gently simmer together.
- When the pasta is 4 minutes shy being done according to the package instructions add the broccoli to the same pot with the pasta and allow them to cook together until done.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add it directly to the large pan with the chicken and sauce then stir to get all of the ingredients thoroughly coated and serve.
Notes: You can substitute whichever other creamy gluten free soup you think might suite your family’s tastes. And, if you’re not following a gluten free diet you can substitute regular pasta for the gluten free variety.