Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 ½ cups gluten free Bisquick (see notes for regular instructions)
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of strawberry preserves (or whatever flavor jam or jelly you like)
- 1 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175 °C) and line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Beat together the peanut butter and butter until they’re smooth.
- Add both sugars and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy then add the eggs and continue beating until well blended.
- Beat in gluten free Bisquick until it’s well blended into the dough.
- Press 3/4 of the dough into an even layer onto the bottom of the prepared pan then spread the jam evenly over the dough.
- With the remaining dough, break off tiny pieces and scatter them evenly over the jam layer then sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the surface of the cookie bars.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 4 hours to get them really firm before cutting into squares.
Notes: If you’re not following a gluten free diet you can replace the gluten free Bisquick in the recipe with (2 ½ cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, and ¼ tsp salt)
Post a Comment