|Chocolate Cinnamon Chex Treats|
Why heat up this kitchen this summer when you can make these simple five ingredient Chocolate Cinnamon Chex Treats in mere minutes. Even though Rice Krispies now has a gluten free variety these treats break the conventional mold. I mean we all love the classic but it can be a little run of the mill. This recipe uses that same simple technique with a mixture of chocolate and cinnamon Chex to bring new life to this kid friendly classic. These crunchier snack bars are drizzled with melted chocolate gives them more of a Smores feel. Why not make a quick batch for your next picnic. Or you can make them just to make the kids smile.
Chocolate Cinnamon Chex Treats
Prep time: 2 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 3 cups of chocolate Chex cereal
- 3 cups of cinnamon Chex cereal
- 10 oz bag of Mini Marshmallows
- 4 tbsp butter
- 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large nonstick skillet over a medium low heat, melt the butter then add the marshmallows and stir until they’re completely melted.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Chex until they’re well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Using a buttered spatula press the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Alternately you could line the pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips by adding them to a microwave safe bowl then microwaving on high for one minute. Stir until smooth. If all of the chocolate isn’t melted microwave at 10 second intervals until it’s all melted
- Evenly distribute the melted chocolate over the top if the treats and cover with plastic wrap pressing it directly onto the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is set cut them into squares and serve.
Notes: To save calories, the treats can be made without the chocolate topping.