|Gluten Free Copycat of Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits|
People have been copycatting Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits since they were first introduced but for those suffering from either gluten intolerance or celiac disease this knockoff is a necessity. Gluten Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits may have seemed like the impossible dream but by combining an awesome recipe with readily available gluten free Bisquick, the dream is easily realized. These biscuits are incredibly close to the ones you’ll find at Red Lobster. Unfortunately these are not one of my lighter recipes. I’ve provided lower calorie options in the notes but you won’t get quite the same level of luxury you’ll find in this recipe. Once you see how simple it is to make this restaurant favorite you’ll be making these cheesy cheddar bay biscuits all the time.
Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits – A Gluten Free Copycat
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 18 min
- 2 cups gluten free Bisquick
- 5 tbsp cold diced butter
- 1 ½ cups of grated sharp cheddar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp old bay seasoning
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (or 205 °C).
- To make the seasoned butter, stir the garlic powder, parsley, and old bay seasoning into the melted butter and set aside.
- To make the biscuits, in a medium bowl beat the eggs, and heavy cream together and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, using a pastry cutter or two knives cut the butter into the Bisquick until you have a coarse crumbly mixture with pieces of butter no larger than a small pea.
- Stir in the grated cheddar then the wet ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Dollop the biscuit dough onto the baking sheet to form 10 rounded drop biscuits.
- Bake for 13 minutes, brush with seasoned butter then bake for an additional 4-5 minutes or until you they’re a light golden color.
Notes: For lower fat biscuits substitute low fat cheddar for the regular variety and low fat milk for the heavy cream. If you’re not following a gluten free diet you can use regular Bisquick.