|Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet|
This Spanish Chicken and Rice skillet is one of the fastest meals you can get onto the table. By taking advantage of a few shortcuts, it’s also one of the easiest dishes you can make for your family. Using a frozen pepper stir fry blend and quick cooking Minute brown rice, along with lean chicken breast this dish is effortless to prepare. Diced tomatoes that have already been flavored with spicy red peppers will add a bit of kick to this one. The whole family is sure to love this Spanish skillet meal. And, you’ll love the fact that it’s all done in one pan so you won’t have a bunch of extra dishes to wash. This dinner is also a great idea for stretching a meal to feed a few extra people. Say you had taken out three chicken breasts for your family dinner and suddenly realize that each of you kids has brought a friend home from school. With this dish there’s no need to panic. It’s easy to chop the chicken into small pieces and stretch the dish out with the veggies and rice to accommodate the extra appetites at dinner.
· 1 ½ lb chicken breast cut into strips
· 2 tsp chili powder
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· salt and pepper to taste
· (1) 14oz bag of Birds Eye frozen pepper stir fry vegetables
· 3 cups minute brown rice, uncooked
· 2 cups gluten free chicken broth
· (1) 14oz can of diced tomatoes flavored with spicy red peppers
· 3 diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional)
1. Stir together the chicken, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste then set it aside.
2. In a large skillet over a medium high heat add the marinated chicken and olive oil then sauté for 5-6 minutes stirring frequently until the chicken is no longer pink.
3. Add the bag of frozen pepper stir-fry mix and sauté for another 2 minutes continuing to stir.
4. Stir in the chicken broth, rice, diced tomatoes and the chipotle peppers.
5. Bring the mixture up to a boil then cover and reduce the heat to low and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it stand covered for 5 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.
6. Fluff with a fork, and garnish with scallions or cilantro if desired.
Notes: You can easily change the veggies or flavor profile of this dish to suit your tastes but be sure to keep the ratio of rice and liquid ingredients the same so that the rice will cook properly.
I've been subscribed to you on Youtube for awhile , but didn't realize you had a Blog! :) I'm new to this site, but I look forward to using it.ReplyDelete
I'm happy I found you on here. I'm super excited to try this recipe out! :)
Oh very cool. You were one of the first channels I subbed to on Youtube. Glad you found my blog. ~AnneDelete