I was recently contacted by HALFPOPS about trying their revolutionary half popped popcorn snack. Now to be quite honest I thought the product was a terrible idea. In my mind I was confusing half popped with unpopped kernels. I mean who wants to break a tooth? Then I went to their website and saw those little nuggets of corn and became intrigued. I agreed to have them send a sample and was immediately a fan of this awesome snack. But since EZGlutenFree is a cooking blog I felt compelled to use their snack in a recipe. And so was born this HALFPOPS toffee recipe. Cue the angels singing.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 oz chocolate chips or chocolate broken into small pieces
- 2 oz bag halfpops
1. Line a baking sheet with, a silicone mat, aluminum foil, or parchment paper.
2. If you are not using chocolate chips be sure to chop your chocolate into small pieces, and set aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet over a medium heat, combine the butter and sugar then stir until the butter is melted and well combined with the sugar. Continue stirring as you allow the mixture to come to a boil, and cook until the mixture becomes a dark amber color. If you have a candy thermometer it should reach 290°F or 143 °C.
4. Immediately when the toffee reaches temperature pour it out onto the prepared baking sheet then evenly sprinkle the chocolate over the top, and leave it alone for a minute or two to soften then spread the chocolate into a thin layer once it is melted. Sprinkle the HALFPOPS over the chocolate, and press them down a little.
5. Place the toffee in the refrigerator to chill until set. Break or cut into pieces, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Be sure to visit HALFPOPS online where you can purchase the snack for yourself. I’m also having a giveaway of (3) 2oz bags to one of my Youtube subscribers. To enter you’ll need to live in the US, be a channel subscriber and leave a comment on the HALFPOPS Toffee Video. For all of my other subscribers, followers, and readers HALFPOPS has created a discount code … EZGF… to receive $5 off an order of $45. The promotional code is good for one month from the date that this blog post is published.
Additional information about HALFPOPS:
Gluten Free (certified by the Gluten Intolerance Group)
Zero Grams of Transfat
Zero Grams of Transfat
No Corn Syrup
No Artificial Flavors
No Hydrogenated Oils