This Dark Chocolate Walnut Fudge is so easy to make that you’ll only need five ingredients. It has a hint of cinnamon so if you’re not a fan of the spice you can omit it and you’ll be down to four ingredients. I always love desserts that are naturally gluten free. Skip the pies and cakes and run for the fudge. Seriously, I do try to watch what I eat so trying to fit desserts into my life can sometimes be tough. I’ve found the best strategy to be just having a small serving of something really rich and decadent. This one definitely fits the bill. I never feel guilty enjoying a piece or two of this fudge. It’s packed with heart healthy walnuts and the antioxidant properties of both dark chocolate and cinnamon so why not savor every bite. As far as I’m concerned total deprivation is never a good thing in the long run.
|Dark Chocolate Walnut Fudge|
· 18 oz semisweet chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
· 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
· 2 tbsp butter
· 2 cups chopped walnuts
· sprinkle of cinnamon
1. Line an 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper or foil that extends over the edges of the pan. I used a pan measuring 7x11 inches in the video.
2. Add the chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and butter to a large heat safe bowl. If you are mixing several types of chocolate, add the darkest variety to the bowl first since it takes longer to melt. Add an inch of water to a saucepan with a diameter smaller than the ingredients bowl. Place the saucepan on a medium low heat then place the bowl of ingredients on top of the saucepan.
3. Once the chocolate melts stir the mixture until smooth then stir in the nuts and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
4. Spread the mixture into the prepared pan and chill for a few hours before removing the fudge from the pan by lifting the foil or parchment overhang. Cut it into squares and serve.
Notes: The walnuts can be toasted to intensify their flavor prior to adding them to the fudge by placing them on a sheet pan and baking them at 350°F or 175 °C for 5 minutes.