|Nutella Lava Cakes|
Valentine’s day is a time to indulge right?
Wrong! Well maybe a little right.
But after figuring in all the debaucheries of my Super Bowl menu, my weekly eating plan was looking grim. Likewise, I felt the need to make something smaller for my Valentine’s day blog post this year. Try to imagine what might happen to my figure if I ate a full sized decadent chocolate cake just so that my blog followers could Oooh and Ahhhh .
It’s only logical that if you know you’ll be overindulging for one occasion you might want to cut back in other areas. So to celebrate the sweetest holiday of the year I opted for an individual dessert.
But have no fear these are still plenty decadent. As a matter of fact these Nutella Lava Cakes are one of the most decadent things you can throw together as a quick individual dessert. The center is a warm gooey hazelnut chocolate indulgence and the edges have a chewy brownie like texture.
But the best part is how simple they are to make. Seriously with just a few ingredients and a small mixing bowl you can have these babies in the oven and ready to impress someone you love in no time.
Nutella Lava Cakes
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Bake Time: 18-20
- ½ cup (124 grams) Nutella (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/8th tsp instant espresso powder
- 1/16th tsp salt
- 2 tsp mini chocolate chips
- confectioners’ sugar garnish
- Beat together the Nutella, eggs, cocoa powder, instant espresso powder, and salt until you have a smooth lump free mixture.
- Divide the batter between two greased ramekins that you’ve placed onto a baking sheet. (I used ramekins with just over a ½ cup capacity.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of mini chocolates over each of the 2 cakes and use a wooden skewer to slightly stir them into the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF (or 175ºC) for 18 – 20 minutes then remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes before dusting with confectioner’s sugar and serve.