Crispy Salmon with Warm Potato & Broccoli Smash
Prep time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- (2) 6 oz salmon fillets
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 3-4 chopped scallions
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Scrub the potatoes and trim off anything that doesn’t look nice then cut them into large chunks and place into a pot of water large enough to also house 4 cups of broccoli florets later.
- Bring the pot of potatoes up to a boil and after 5 minutes add the broccoli florets and cook for an additional 10 minutes then drain them both and roughly mash.
- In the meantime to make the dressing in a medium bowl combine, the yellow mustard, scallions, fresh thyme leaves, crushed red pepper flakes, the juice and zest of a lemon, salt and pepper then stream in the olive oil as you stir to combine.
- Add most of the dressing to the warm smashed veggies (reserving 2 tbsp to top the salmon) and stir to combine.
- For the salmon, season with salt and pepper then sauté skin side down in a nonstick skillet over a medium high for 3-4 minutes on the first side then flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the second side.
- To serve, place a large pile of the smashed veggies onto your plate then top with a piece of salmon and a spoonful of the mustard dressing and a few thyme leaves.